San Francisco

Howdy Partners, we have hit the big city. Sat Nav's are wonderful things they directedme straight to the door of the Marriot Hotel where we are staying. I was a bit daunted about driving in the city, as you can see from below the views were amazing, but so too was the traffic, all six lanes of it.


We asked for a high level room and are up on the 28th floor, this is the view from our bedroom window.


Tonight we headed out for chinatown and I foolishly thought that been in the heart of the city I would be safe from bear attacks! How wrong I was, just on the corner of 4th and Market Street this great big brown fellow grabbed me. After a mammoth struggle I grappled it to the ground and told him to come back with his mates and meet me in Yosemite, and that I was hard, came from Silky and had pidgeons, ya kna!


This morning we headed for Fishermans Wharf and took a cable car to get there. It was quite full so we had to hang onto the outside. Does this count as a roller coaster ride?


Mrs B and Samantha looking very scared, riding the cable car!


It is a great way to see the city, often at very close quarters!! The hills are quite steep and I am thinking about next years bike trip - you have been warned!




Where there is an up there is a down - look at this down hiller coming up. Heed down, arse up, weeee!


Lunch today was on Pier 39, here are some family shots:


A four person long arm shot taken by Samantha!



We then went to a shop called seasons, which sold items to do with Christmas, Easter and we really liked these for Halloween.


I am kind of worried what "The Rust" has been doing in his spare time though??

2 comments:

  1. I see Samantha is becoming a professional 'long arm' photographer. Did you visit the golden gate bridge? And finally how come 'mermaid girl' didn't swim to Alcatraz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the thing is, i didnt earn it and it wasnt one of my priveleges :) why is Suzanne called elvis??

    ReplyDelete